A multi-talented musician, born in Buenos Aires, Fernando is not only a classically trained musician but also experienced musician with blues/jazz/tango/rock flute. Former Co-Solo Flutist/Piccolo at the Kuopio Symphony Orchestra, Fernando is now based in Toulouse, France preparing his Master’s degree in Music Research (UT2J), Orchestra Conducting (CRR Toulouse) and Baroque Flute (ENM Villeurbanne).
He has achieved several recognitions and diplomas such as:
- French National State Diploma (Diplôme d’État) in music pedagogy specialized in Flute (ISDAT, Toulouse, France)
- French National Superior Diploma of Professional Orchestral Musician (ISDAT Toulouse, France)
- Artistic Recognition (ISDAT Toulouse, France)
- Bachelor Degree in Musicology (UT2J Toulouse, France)
- Bachelor Degree in Music Performing (National University of Arts, Argentina)
- Prize of Excellence (Conservatoire Rueil-Malmaison, France)
- Diplôme des Etudes Musicales given with an unanimous jury decision (CRR Rueil-Malmaison, France)
- Music Technician (Conservatory of Buenos Aires Astor Piazzolla, Argentina)
- Special Prize (National Chamber Music Competition of Argentina 2009)
He has studied together with (in order by most recent first):
Sandrine Tilly (ONCT Flute solo), Claude Roubichou (ONCT Piccolo solo), Vicens Prats (Orchestre de Paris Flute Solo), Pascale Feuvrier (CRR Rueil-Malmaison), Edouard Sabo (Orchestre National de France Piccolo Solo), Pablo Levin (Buenos Staatsoper former flutist), Martin Auza (Buenos Aires Staatsoper Piccolo Solo), Fabio Mazzitelli (Buenos Aires Staatsoper Flute Solo) and Viviana Liatis (Buenos Aires).
Fernando has also participated in several masterclasses with Vincent Lucas (Orchestre de Paris), Sophie Cherrier (Ensemble Intercontemporaine), François Laurent (Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse), Julien Beaudimont (Opera National de Lyon), Michel Moragues (Orchestre National de France), Sophie Deshayes (Pole Sup 93), Florent Bontron (Orchestre Cannes), Michel Bellavance (HEM Genève), Jose Castellon (HEM Lausanne), Felix Renggli (Hochschule für Musik Freiburg), Jim Walker (Los Angeles Symphony), Nicole Esposito (University of Iowa School of Music), Alberto Almarza (Carnegie Mellon), Jorge de la Vega (Buenos Aires Staatsoper), just to name a few.
As an orchestral musician he regularly performs with the Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse, Theatre du Capitole (Opera and Ballet), Orchestre National de Montpellier and the Toulouse Wind Orchestra. He was former Co-Solo Flute/Piccolo at Kuopio Symphony Orchestra in Finland between 2018 and 2020. Back in Argentina he has also performed with the Buenos Aires Staatsoper (Teatro Colón), San Juan Opera and Juventus Lyrica.
During his career he has also performed with several youth academy orchestras as 1st Flute and Piccolo solo such as the National Youth Orchestra of Argentina, Academic Orchestra of Buenos Aires, Academic Orchestra of the Buenos Aires Staatsoper (Teatro Colón), Musika Orchestra Academy, Rueil-Malmaison Symphony Orchestra, among others.
Fernando has also conducted orchestras and instrumental ensembles during his career such as the National Youth Orchestra of Argentina, the Flute Orchestra of CRR Rueil-Malmaison, the Grand Ensemble de l’ISDAT and several chamber music ensembles in Argentina and France. He was assistant conductor of the Symphonic Orchestra of Students of Toulouse (OSET), taking the wind sectional rehearsals and sometimes the full orchestra. Together with them, Fernando has created the Flute Ensemble of OSET for the 2017-2018 season and conducted the newly created Wind Orchestra of OSET.
Besides his orchestral artistic performances, he has also developing and participating in several projects.
His most recent projects/festivals include:
- Candela / Flamenco-classical musical creation by the Compagnie Gilbert Clamens
- BarokkiKuopio Festival XV / Baroque Music Festival of Kuopio 2019
- Guest performer with Quatuor L’Esquisse 2016 and 2017
- Pento-Tanique / Jazz Atypique
- Metamorphose Toulouse / Musical creation around Japanese contemporary music
- Musical arrangements for the JPO ISDAT 2016 and 2017 editions
To read more about of all the diverse projects go to the section of Projects/Festivals
Despite having a more ensemble focused career, Fernando has also performed as a soloist with orchestras mainly in Argentina. Some of the exemples of the concertos he performed are:
- W.A. Mozart: Flute Concerto in G major K.313
- A. Vivaldi: Piccolo Concerto in C major RV.443
- F. Doppler: Concerto for 2 Flutes in D minor
- F. Doppler: Fantasie Pastoral Hongroise Op.26
His career has also been centered around pedagogy, not only with the previously mentioned OSET, but also at many music institutions around France. He has worked at the Conservatoire Regional of Toulouse, Conservatoire Communal of Noisy-le-Grand, at the Harmonie École de Musique et Danse de Balma, Academie Musical Crescendo, La CLEF of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, among others.
Back in Argentina, Fernando has given several masterclasses at the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Buenos Aires “Astor Piazzolla” and the National University of Arts (UNA).
He is currently working at Harmonie École de Musique et Danse de Balma, École de Musique Cercle Laïque Casselardit and Music O’Carmes. He also works at the social musical education programme together with the Philarmonie de Paris and Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse called Orchestre DÉMOS Toulouse.
For more information see the Teaching Section of the website